Roam these rural lands and experience the hub of the Aleutians.
Dates available: July – August
Trip Duration: 6 nights, 7 days – Hiking Duration: 3 nights, 4 days
Difficulty Level: Moderate to difficult
Group Size: 2-6
Price per person: $4,500
We want to spread awareness about the largely unknown historical events of the Aleutians and promote the preservation of the Unangan culture and their environment. A portion of the proceeds we earn from these trips are donated to Unalaska’s annual culture camp, where the youth of the region learn and practice their Unangan culture from skilled mentors.
Included in price:
• In field transportation to and from the Dutch Harbor Airport
• In field transportation to and from the hiking site
• Ounalashka Corporation Land Use Permits
• Accommodations at the Grand Aleutian Hotel before and after your journey – 3 nights total
• 2-3 man tent lodging for duration of your hike
• Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner for duration of your Hike
• Tour of Unalaska with Extra Mile Tours
• Dinner at the Grand Aleutian Seafood Buffet
• Entrance fees to WWII Visitors Center
• Entrance Fees to Museum of the Aleutians
• Luggage Storage for duration of your hike
• Local guide from Unalaska
Not included in price:
• Air transportation to and from Dutch Harbor Airport
• Meals on the date of your arrival
• Meals on the date of your departure
• Reading/Writing materials
• Alcoholic Beverages
• Hiking/Camping gear (see packing list)
Weather along the Aleutian Island Chain is often unpredictable and may cause changes or postpone your trip. Winds and rain sweep in from the Bering Sea and it can change from clear skies to fog in an instant. This is all a part of the Aleutian experience. You can expect temperatures to be anywhere from 40 to 80 degrees in the summer time, but mid 50s are average. To be prepared for this rural Alaskan weather, dress in layers and refer to our packing list!
Consider when booking:
It is your responsibility to arrive to Unalaska no later than the day listed on your itinerary. We will provide transportation to your hotel on this day. If you wish to arrive earlier, you will need to make your own lodging and transportation accommodations up to the start date listed on your itinerary. Because the weather is always a factor in the Aleutians, it is not unknown for flights to cancel. We highly recommend you purchase travel insurance to protect your trip. Contact us for details and recommendations.
Not sure if our Unalaska hikes are for you?
Check out our Anchorage day hikes!